Saturday, April 28, 2007

Afternoon at the Dam

I've lived here for almost 12 years and I'd never been to visit the Dam. I've passed by it countless times, but never found the time to just walk out there. Last weekend I went out to catch the sunset, but realized I had gone out too early and was trying to think of something to shoot; the Dam! I parked and walked along the long curving levee and to my surprise found that I had the place all to myself. Also surprising was the fact that I could actually walk right up to the structure.


I was fascinated by all the symmetry and angles that provided such a wealth of photographic opportunities. The beautiful blue sky also made a great backdrop for many of the images.


The were such cool textures with all the aged wood and metal.

I stayed about an hour and a half and had such an amazing time exploring and shooting. I look forward to going back and seeing the things I overlooked and also how a different time of day will change things. This has also motivated me to not be a "someday" kinda person but to take advantage of these kinds of opportunities.

No comments: