Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reach for the sky

Whew, busy week so far. I apologize for the lack of post-i-ness. I started on a film this week and I've been wiped out. Ok, that's not entirely true. I haven't been too tired to play the most awesomely awesome video game that came out this year. Which game is that you say? Why, Halo Reach of course. Every hardcore gamer knows that each new Halo game must be preordered, sight unseen and then picked up at 12:01 a.m. the day it comes out. So I didn't pick it up at 12:01, but I did get it right after work and proceeded to ignore everything and everyone the rest of the night. It's like wicked pie covered in awesome sauce. Why do I mention all this? Well, it actually comes down to photography. See, they (the makers of Halo) have included an awesome replay function where you can go back and watch any of your games, from any angle you want, even frame by frame. And once you find that choice frame, you can take a screenshot and upload it to their site and save it on your computer. Crazy right?! They even have a built in zoom so you can get that long lens compression. I love it.

Here's a couple of shots from a game I played last night. That's me in the blue, bringing the pain.

Halo Reach 2

Halo Reach 1

If anyone out there in bloggy land is on Xbox Live, friend me up! (MixaloT)

1 comment:

The Author said...

I love your little copyright in the corner of each photo. I want to get Reach SO BAD! Not $60 bad, more like $30-$40 bad. But hey, your average movie lasts about 2 hours and tickets are a little more than $10. So if you can have 12 hours of fun playing this awesome game, you're more or less covered. And judging by the trailers and your screenshots, this game has blockbuster quality special effects! I wish I could watch the video you made, but I have to install something. : (