Sunday, May 8, 2011

Saturday night at the Brixton

Whew, what a weekend. I went to my first concert since, I don't know when, and then there was this whole day dedicated to mothers. And I built my wife a new computer. Something to do with that mother's day thing. On Saturday though, I drove down to Redondo Beach to see a couple of my favorite groups; Uncle Daddy and Tyrone Wells. Uncle Daddy is a local SoCal group that combines a range of styles and instruments that creates soulful, grass roots rock sound. They blew it up! Tyrone Wells is becoming more widely known, with his songs appearing in films and television. His voice is so clear and his lyrics so heartfelt, that you can't help but get drawn in. Oh, and if you get the chance to hear an act at the Brixton, don't pass it up.

I'm going to be posting a larger collection of these images on my Facebook page soon, and I'll drop a note here when I do.

Uncle Daddy

Tyrone Wells

No comments: