Saturday, July 30, 2011

Maui Bound

Tomorrow my wife and I leave for a week long vacation in Maui! We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and, for the first time in 11 and half years, we will be spending more than two nights without our kids. We love our kids very much, but this is gonna be awesome! Neither of us have ever been to Hawaii, so this is quite an adventure. I want to thank all of our friends and family for their great advice on accommodations and sights to see.

Right, photography blog. As you might imagine I plan to take some pictures. I can't take everything I own, so I've had to pair things down to one bag. My tripod will have to ride in checked baggage, but otherwise this is what I'm taking.

Camera Roll-167

What's in the bag: Canon 5D MkII with 24-105L lens attached, Canon 7D body, 50mm 1.4, 16-35L 2.8, 70-200L f4, Canon intervelometer for time-lapse recording, Zoom H4n audio recorder, LED headlamp for nighttime work. Not seen: GoPro Hero video camera, polarizing filter, graduated neutral density filter, assorted neutral density filters, flashlight, extra 8GB CF card, spare camera battery, Canon AC power adapter for extended time-lapse recording, lens cloth, battery charger, iPad camera connection kit, card reader.

Whew, I'm outta breath. While not everything I own, it's close. I mean, how many chances do you get to go to Hawaii?! I hope to be posting some images during the trip, but can't say that there will be any regular schedule. If you have an iPhone, I'll be posting from Instagram often. You can follow me (fxmixer). I'll also be putting out updates on Twitter @fxmixer. Off to the islands!

No comments: