Monday, March 1, 2010

San Francisco Time Lapse

Many thanks to Philip Bloom for his many tips and tutorials, both on his website and twitter, about creating time lapses. I actually got to meet him at Skywalker Ranch during our trip and had a nice little chat about movies and gear. A real gentleman.

And now, on with the show.



This was all shot from my hotel room over the course of three days. For bodies I used a Canon 7D and 50D. For lenses I used the Canon 24-105L, 70-200L and Tokina 12-24. The shooting time ranged from 30 minutes to a bit more than 2 hours. I used the Canon TC80N3 to keep the interval love going.

Post wise, I combined all the frames in Quicktime 7 then exported them as a full size movie file. Editing was done in Final Cut Pro with the final movie compressed in VisualHub. Whew, that's a lot of tech talk.

Thanks for watching and have a great week!

4 comments:

Skeller said...

Marshall!!!!!!
It's simply beautiful. Every single bit of it.

Anonymous said...

wow - that is amazing. well done!!

Marci said...

really fun to watch. I loved the "becoming night" scenes and all the TVs flashing and glowing through windows.

fxmixer said...

Thanks all!