Sunday, March 14, 2010

US Grant at night

The US Grant Hotel in San Diego.

I had taken a number of pictures of this hotel on our previous visit to San Diego and took a few more on this most recent trip. I had noticed an area about four stories above the entrance that had plants on it and looked like a terrace. I asked the front desk about it and they said it used to be an outdoor terrace for guests, but an "accident" had happened a few years ago that caused them to close it. I really wanted to get out there a take a picture that hadn't been taken before. It never hurts to ask, right? Surprisingly they said yes I could with someone accompanying me. Score! The guy that went out with me was very cool and let me walk all over. I'm sure that very few people have been out there, and I'm pretty sure that no one has ever taken an HDR picture from there.

Big thanks to the staff at the US Grant for making this image possible and for making our stay, once again, awesome.

US Grant HDR

11 comments:

jael728 said...

You, sir, definitely have an eye and talent. Truly remarkable. The lighting is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

wow.... gorgeous picture!!

Kelly-Vision said...

Wow- this is amazing! The color is breathtaking.

Ruthanne said...

Breathtaking picture shot, Marshall.

Tricia said...

Unbelievably beautiful shot!

FiftyCentLove said...

Died and gone to heaven

fxmixer said...

Thanks everyone!

Darcy @ m3b said...

Marshall,

this is stunning. I mean... the color, the geometry. It's breathtaking.

I called Randy over... he is getting ready to link up. He said, "Oh man, that Marshall! I can't compete with that!"

You are so talented.

fxmixer said...

Thank you Darcy. Your hubby knows how to rock the camera pretty hard. Can't wait to see what he puts up.

lorrie said...

looks so lovely like a fairytale palace

OhCaptain said...

Cool symmetry. The blue glow is fascinating.