Monday, March 5, 2012

The Big Day!

I'm going into business! Well, not quite, but I've decided to offer some of my images for sale. I struggled with this because it has never been my desire to make money from my images. At the same time, I would like to offer a way for people to enjoy them in their own home, and share them with their friends and family. Also, I truly feel that until an image is printed and hung on a wall, it's not quite complete. After researching my options I decided to go with Zenfolio for hosting and providing a store front. One of the things that sold my on Zenfolio was their use of Mpix for image printing. I have used Mpix for every print in my house and am constantly amazed by the quality and consistency of their work.

Here's the link!! marshallgarlington.zenfolio.com

Store-front


Is there a markup on the prices? Yes. While I don't want to make money for myself, I believe these images can not only inspire and add beauty, but be used for a greater cause. To that end, 100% of the profits will be donated to my favorite charity, charity:water. Some of you may remember my fundraising campaign for them last year. This is a such a transparent and well run charity that is really making an impact for those that don't have access to clean water.

A big thanks to all those who've expressed interest in buying prints and to those who've encouraged me to take this step!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you for doing this. You are amazing. Your work will inspire many.