Friday, April 1, 2011

Experience of a Lifetime

This is not an April Fools joke people!

O M G. I just put my deposit down for a photo workshop in, wait for it, Ethiopia! More specifically we'll be spending 6 days in the religious center of Ethiopia, Lalibela. And it will be during Ethiopian Christmas. *catch breath* Aaannnnddd it will be led by one of my favorite photographers on the planet, David duChemin. This guy is an amazing humanitarian and travel photographer who puts vision and creativity before gear and technique. I am over the moon. There were only 8 spots and I was lucky to get one. I'll be traveling next January and be gone 2 weeks. I know it will be tough on my family, but my wife sees it as a wonderful opportunity for me and has been very supportive. She's a keeper.

As the time gets closer I will be talking more about the gear I'll be taking and my preparations for travel. Stay tuned, it's gonna be awesome!

This is a picture I took of a sunrise in Addis Ababa in 2006.

Addis Sunrise

No comments: