Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have seen Hogsmeade, and it is good

We had a magically fantastic day yesterday at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Orlando. For any hardcore Potter fans out there this is a must see. The care and detail that went into the creation of Hogsmeade and the smaller scale Hogwarts is amazing. They definitely went for quality over quantity so the area is not huge, but there's a lot packed in there. You can visit Zonkos Joke Shop, Dervish and Banges, Honeydukes and have a bite to eat at The Three Broomsticks. Pro tip: go for the frozen Butterbeer, it's awesome.

Inside Hogwarts Castle is the most amazing theme park ride called Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Incredible. Could be a bit scary for younger kids, but if they like roller coasters they'll have no problem.

There ate so many souvenirs and Potter world memorabilia to be had that your wallet could be hurting by the end of the day. Definitely sone things you can't find anywhere else. Dud I mention that the Butterbeer was awesome?

Something we did that I highly recommend is staying in one of the hotels inside the park. This gives you early access to the park attractions and gives you line skipping privileges at many of the rides.

Whew, I can't believe I just all that on my iPhone. My thumb's tired! Hope you enjoy the pictures (they're all iPhone as well) and I'll post again soon!

No comments: