Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sacrifices made

I know, I know I'm a bit late on my Veteren's Day post, but I had a sudden case of falling asleep last night. The main reason for that is because I got up early to get down to the Los Angeles National Cemetary. I've driven by there for about 8 years and I keep telling myself that I should pay a visit on Veteren's or Memorial Day and yesterday it finally came together.

There was no ceremony or other commemerative event at the cemetary so I was able to just take my time walking through the grounds. It was very peaceful and kind of overwhelming at times. I tried to capture both the serenity and scope of the place, in my own way honoring those who have served and are serving our country.







5 comments:

Skeller said...

A beautiful, moving post.

fxmixer said...

Thank you skeller.

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

Wow! I was going to say which one I liked best but then they all are so well composed.

I enjoy reading Julie's blog and wanted to tell you thanks for all the fun you help her send our way with the behind the scene pics.

fxmixer said...

Thanks Beth! It's been a lot of fun giving a peak behind the scenes.

Anonymous said...

My father and my husband both served their country for over 20 years. Thank you for taking the time to show honor to them and all the others who have served or are serving right now.

The pictures are beautiful!