Monday, January 11, 2010

Night in the Gaslamp

I'm back, and San Diego was fantastic! We got a smokin' deal through Hotwire to stay at the US Grant Hotel in downtown San Diego. The hotel was great and the location was awesome. We were able to walk to so many great places and the drives we took were all pretty short. We've never spent much time in the downtown area so it was great to explore. If you're ever in the San Diego area and have kids, I highly recommend the New Children's Museum. This was my older son's highlight of the trip. We also visited the Wild Animal Park. I was a bit underwhelmed 'cuz it just seemed like a zoo with bigger enclosures. The weather was beautiful the whole time, so that was the icing on the cake. All in all, pretty fantastic.

Our hotel was located in the Gaslamp District. Lots of cool restaurants, clubs and theaters in this area. All of these places draw quite a few people on the weekends, so I went out on Saturday to capture some of the action. Enjoy. Oh, and as always, click on HD for video muy bueno.

3 comments:

Skeller said...

awesome, of course. you make these amazing time-lapse movies look easy (but I know they're not!!). and you always picks the most perfect musical accompaniment.

J.J.S. said...

Excellent time lapse video there ! Any suggestions as to what software to use?

fxmixer said...

Thanks guys! J.J.S, I'm on a Mac, so my suggestions pertain to that. I use Quicktime 7 to put the individual images together in a movie. I export that to a file that I can import into Final Cut Pro and add the music/titles there. On a Mac you could also use iMovie to add music/titles.