Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Disney Concert Hall

I've been wanting to go down to the Disney Concert Hall for quite some time. Frank Gehry designed this building to be a world class venue for musical arts, but also as a piece of art in it's own right. Last week I decided the time had come, so I told a photographer friend of mine about the idea and we decided to head down together. I was not disappointed. Not only did we photograph the Concert Hall, but we ended up taking a walking tour of downtown L.A. In my almost 14 years of living here, I've never seen most of downtown, so this was a real eye-opener for me on many levels.

I'm going to split my little photowalk into two posts. This first post is just images of the Concert Hall. My next post will sort of be the catch-all, with all the other cool things I came across that day. Here ya go.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

6 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, I love these shots. The lines and colours are fantastic.

Skeller said...

wowzers! really fine work, Marshall! what a building! I need to get there some day (but I think I'll NEED some fisheye... ;-)

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice!!

Anonymous said...

I love every single one of these. The shape, color, light and form is just awesome.

What wonderful architecture my friend.

I could definitely see these framed in a really cool series. Was the architect Frank Gehry?

B Dad

OhCaptain said...

Well done on the lines sir! This place looks awesome. I'd also like to point out that you picked a great time of day!

fxmixer said...

Thanks all! B Dad, yes the architect was Frank Gehry.