Monday, June 29, 2009

Lighting and Portrait Challenge

Well, today's the day. Last Monday I posted that Boybarian Dad and I had decided to have a little self-portrait showdown to flex our creative muscles. I, of course, carefully planned out what I wanted to do and got it done with lots of time to spare. Oh, wait a minute, no I didn't. I waited 'til the last minute and winged it. The parameters we set were; self-portrait, at night, single flash, city in the background. Here's my take.

Photobucket

Yes I'm in a car. Yes I'm driving. But hey, a self-portrait, at night, one flash and yes, that's city in the background, even if it's blurry.

Check out Boybarian Dad's shot here.

If any of you joined in on this, leave a link to your shot in the comments.

For all the details on how I took this shot, check back tomorrow. They'll be words and pictures about my picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Nice work. Your lighting is so much better then mine. But where is your speed racer helmet? :)

I always love the car lines, how did you stay so still? lol.

Great job and lets do it again. :).

B Dad

Skeller said...

Hey! Shouldn't you be keeping your eyes on the road, mister?!? (excuse my mommy moment there...).

Awesome capture!! So did you do the whole rear-sync flash curtain thingy technique? (I can never remember the name of that. It's something I want to try down the road when I actually have a flash ... I don't think my Rebel has the capability).

Anyway, kudos on your first challenge. I hope you and BoyDad do many more such challenges!

Mathochist said...

Ni-i-ice! It looks like you are in the middle of shifting gears.