Thursday, January 29, 2009

2 different takes

It was an absolutely spectacular day here yesterday. Temps in the mid 70's and clear blue skies. I've been wanting to photograph this tree across the street from my house for the last week or so, and today seemed like the perfect day. This tree has brilliant white blooms and they looked awesome against the sky. The first image is that tree with a simple black and white conversion to make the details pop. The second image is a Mulberry tree I believe, and the limbs on that are insane. I thought a somewhat graphic presentation of those silhouetted with the sun peeking through worked well.


6 comments:

Shane said...

You have a great eye for what makes an interesting picture. Keep'em coming.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yea, lucky you. It was a nice day around here yesterday, it was in single digits, lol.

The first image is totally awesome. Everything about it, I love. I really like how it fills the frame.

The sun on the second one is pretty cool, nice job, those are hard to catch.

Now, you'll be able to process those pictures faster with the 1.21 gigawatts of power on that new computer, :)

B Dad

Mike Gavin said...

B&W is great, it has a 3D look to it, great work. Love the color.

fxmixer said...

Thanks all! B Dad, I'm bringing the grid down with that beast!

PG said...

Blooms? Grrrrr. I don't like you very much.

We still haven't even started February! Come on spring!!