Friday, January 16, 2009

Contest result

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments about my I Heart Faces entry. The winner was announced today and.... it wasn't me. Just like in high school, where I was salutatorian, I came in second. If you want to check out the top five finishers, click here. Congrats to Skeller who came in fourth with a very cool shot of her son. This was a fun contest and since they have a new one every week, I'm sure I'll be entering another one. I would encourage any of you who enjoy taking photos to enter a contest. Get your work out there and also see what others are doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, what a bunch of great photos, kudos to everyone.

Second place is pretty fantastic out of all those entries. I can see it now, you're just holding off on your first place finish for the contest that gives away the Nikon D3X.

About the coldness, when it gets so far below zero, what's really the difference between -19 and -35, nothing much, you're frozen not matter what. :) There is a 100 degree difference from our temps to yours, lol, that is totally NUTS (without the wind chill). You're probably shooting photos today in shorts and a T, aren't ya? :)

B Dad

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor that you come home bearing Starbucks everyday. Dude, do you have any idea what you are doing to me in the artic tundra here, you're killin me. :)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Congratulations on your second-place finish! Your photo was so beautiful and an inspiration to anyone who saw it last week. :) Can't wait to see what you decide to enter next week!

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces