Thursday, August 5, 2010

Swimmin' in the bokeh

Oh man. My family was recently blessed to receive some unexpected money from a family business. To celebrate, everyone in the family got to pick out something fun. I of course was very responsible and gave money to a worthy organization and th...who am I kidding, I bought a new lens! Yes, shocked reader I got a lens that is a veritable bucket for catching light. I give you the Canon 85mm 1.2L.

Canon-EF-85mm-f-1.2-L

What's so great about this lens? It has a maximum aperture of 1.2 which means the depth of field is extremely shallow. Backgrounds will be more blurry and distractions will be less. It is also extremely sharp even at 1.2. Most lenses are not their sharpest wide open, but this one is.

What is this lens best for? People. And that's how I intend to use it.

Seamus 1.2

Haven 1.2

No comments: